Tuesday, October 6, 2009

staying busy

Funny days.. or lack there of...
I thought I would post something, well because I haven't in so long. I haven't posted because I feel as if nothing is happening. I have been so pre-occupied with waiting around for our little guy to join us. About 3 weeks ago, I wanted this baby out ASAP and spent most days looking online to find ways to induce labor or waiting patiently between contractions, hoping they were only 5 minutes apart... NO LUCK! Then I awoke one day and a new fear had taken over... what was i getting myself into?? and a new realization that my life was about to change. But am I ready for this... no one really knows
So Rex & I went to an all day Birthing Class a few weeks ago.. And it was good to hear what the hospitals standards & rules were. I guess I had a pretty good idea about the birthing process, seeing as how I did get my degree in nursing... But it was good for Rex to hear everything too.
MY FAVORITE part was when Rex tried on the sympathy pregnancy belt!


My favorite line was after I asked him how it felt, He said "I just kept thinking, it can't be this uncomforable, can it?"
UH... YES Rex it can & IT IS!!!!!
I love that he tried & maybe gained some appreciation. He was a great partner that day and look forward to the big day, where he will be the best partner I could ever have... i hope!
So I have decided to keep myself busy, on the days I feel up to it. I have been sewing, cooking & cleaning like never before. I put together 15 doggie diapers (for boy dogs with a little spraying problem), and they are so cute!! I forgot to take a picture before I shipped them off... oops! (I sent them to my mom's carpet store, where she has had a few request for them). And I made a baby quilt... for Baby Girl Wick... but again, forgot to take a picture (so Tiffany, when you get it, send me a pic!) But I did take a picture of my baking trial. I found this cute recipe book, at the checkout stand for 'fall recipes'. I was intrigued and decided to try one.
The first I tried was the PUMPKIN ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH GINGER-CREAM FILLING
This was the picture in the recipe book.
This is how it ended up looking.
I was pretty stocked, I have never baked an angel food cake and I just bought an angel food cake pan... so I was stoked that it all turned out ok. And Rex said it was the best cake he has had in a long time... I suppose it was a compliment... even though he nor I could remember the last time I had made a cake.
Anyways, some more baking, cooking, cleaning, & sewing are in my future.. atleast for now!
I will let everyone know when the baby comes... hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

haha, tell Richie that his organs weren't being shoved into his rib cage when he wore that thing, so yes, it's THAT uncomfortable plus some! :) I'm glad you are having fun with all your crafty stuff, someday you'll have to teach me some of your talents! :) We are praying every day for you that the baby will come quickly and healthy, hopefully he'll be here soon!

Anonymous said...

wow that is a good-looking cake! Next time I visit I'll have to stay long enough to learn a few things about cooking and sewing and all those things I really should know how to do by now.... you are quite the role model to live up to! I'm sure it will be the same when it comes to raising the little guy too :) Hang in there!

GRandma Cobb said...

Wow this baby is really taking it's sweet time. I thought for sure the little guy would have made his apperance by now, but they come when they want to. I am just so excited to see what he looks like and excited for the two of you, You will be such great parents. Love tons and tons, praying for a quick delivery, grammy and I want to know as soon as he gets here.