Saturday, April 26, 2008

conversation...

Rex & I had a conversation the other day (online). I thought i would share some of it... I think he makes some valid points.

Kira- "people always ask me what you think about the war, when they find out you are over there... can you tell me... so i can make sure i am getting it straight?"
Rex- "Tell them I don't think people at home care enough about it."
Kira- "anything else?"
Rex- " people back home only care enough to pay attention to the news from over here that catches the headlines. if they cared enough to see what was really going on, all these bull crap of "when do we get out of iraq" debates would quit getting so much attention."

Well what can I add. We need to be more informed of what is really going on & really support our troops. Rex is in a unique situation to help the Iraqi forces help the Iraqi people.... which is VERY important. My ward here will be doing a service project for the children out in Iraq. If anyone wants to help out, any help will be appreciated. I will post more specifics later
love... Kira

3 comments:

Cristi said...

wow, i love all the posts! It is so nice to hear how he is doing! Cool to see pics too.

Trisha said...

Amen to that Kira! I'm all about people being more informed. Keep letting us know how he's feeling about things. Sorry I haven't called or anything for so long. We are still trying to get moved in, and I am feeling really overwhelmed! Love you!

La madre said...

Rex-I LOVE your wife and feel very lucky to work with her. THANK YOU for serving your country and risking your life for us. Without you, we would not be free! Please share our gratitude with your team. We pray for each of you every night, regardless of who says the prayer. I'm working with Kira to get care packages to you from the Intermountain Healthcare Intermountain Medical Center Shock Trauma Intensive Care Unit where we provide extraordinary care in all aspects . . . boy, that's a mouthful. Please remember we think U ROCK!!

Monique (Kira's co-worker), Sean (serving in the California Oakland Mission), and CJ (8 yrs old)